Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubman! And Soup!

Today is Hubman's Birthday! Go on over to his blog to wish him a happy day!

Hubman is the love of my life and I am very fortunate to be married to him. We have been together for over 18 years now, and he gets better and sexier each year.

I am at a conference but should be home by lunchtime so I can prepare his favorite dinner, chicken parmesan with rosemary olive oil bread, and blondie sundae's for dessert. (No Nolens Volens, this does not mean that we are inviting Southern Vixen over and covering her in ice cream and toppings!)

Later, I will provide him with the adult entertainment of his choice. I am sure that my new shoes will be involved. Will I be wearing much else? Who knows?
..........................................................................................................................................................................

Now onto the soup. Right Turn Without Signaling suggested a soup exchange day. Thankfully she posted a reminder on her blog or I would have totally forgot!

This is a baked potato soup. I love soups like this because I can make the potatos one day while I am doing other stuff for dinner and then just throw it together.

Baked Potato Soup- Serves 4
  • 3 bacon strips, diced
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Minced fresh parsley
  1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
  2. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
  3. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
  4. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well.
  5. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
  6. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.
  7. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.

6 comments:

  1. That soup sounds really great, and with highs in the teens the perfect weather for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baby!!!!!

    You know, Southern Vixen isn't the only blonde woman we could invite? How about the Local Girl? Mmmm....

    Can't wait for you to get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haVE to try that soup...and i am blonde...well, under the blue...just sayin'

    xoxo
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh...you stole the thunder! Hehe! Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love potato soup! I'll have to give this one a try.

    Have a fun night! ;)

    And, thanks for participating in the Soup Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent a b-day wish to Hubs via e-mail and sent him a wish on my blog.

    Your potato soup sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete