Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Dozen

Its been a crazy week so far. I have three days of training in Boston which is about as excited as one would expect government sponsored training for government regulations to be.




Please take a look at this video as it makes sense with the Random Dozen, and click on the link to play along.



1. How good are you at delaying gratification?

Lets just say there is room for improvement.

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Hmmm, Chocolate, and then chocolate ice cream, and then chocolate cake, and then chocolate chip cookies. Seeing a pattern?

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
I am going to say an 8, and losing a little ground each day.

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
When I was in college I really wanted to be cast in a play as I was always backstage. I finally got a part and hated every moment of it as the director was a psycho. The sad part, I knew he was a psycho and signed up to do it anyway.

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Whenever I can. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
Whichever one I am currently in as I have an uncanny ability to pick the slowest line possible.

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
With Darling Boy we did, as Hubman and I wanted to be surprised. When I was pregnant with Princess Persistent we found out, mostly to make it more real for DB, and so I could plan and get TONS of pink stuff.

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
It depends on how annoying the person is.

9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
I did when I was a kid and I ruined the surprise so now I don't peek.

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
Hubman and I were married for seven years before we had our first child. That's pretty long.

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
I am going to say me. We can see if Hubman disagrees.

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I choose E, "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" by Jack Johnson

4 comments:

  1. Delaying my own gratification? Forget it, I'm in a hurry right now, will re-gratify afterwards, if I can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I'm not going to disagree, you are most definitely the more patient one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered that #3 decreases exponentially as we age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first heard about the marshmallow test while listening to a podcast a few months back. So very interesting.

    ReplyDelete