Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Foodie- Oreo Fluff Edition

I usually try to feed my family healthy food, wholesome, natural foods, organic when possible and keep processed food to a bare minimum.

And sometimes I say 'fuck it' and make them something that they really, really love.

This recipe is great in that it takes 4 ingredients and can be whipped together quickly. I will also give suggestions for variations after the recipe.

Oreo Fluff- Serves 8

1 small package of instant chocolate pudding
2 Cups Milk
8 oz tub cool whip, divided
8 oz bag mini oreos

Make pudding according to package directions in a 6qt bowl.
Once pudding sets, add 3/4 of the cool whip, mix until the pudding and cool whip are even in color.
Add oreos, mix to incorporate.
Chill for 10-15 minutes or until set
Serve with dollops of leftover cool whip.

You can mix this up by changing pudding flavors and cookies. Maybe some banana pudding and nilla wafers and bananas or lemon pudding and lemon cookies, or mini peanut butter cups.

What I can promise you is no leftovers.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Speaking of organic foods! I've been tearing through the Stuff Your Mom Never Told You podcast and they've got one discussing organic foods, i.e., what's more important to buy organic vs. what you can skip & save on. I thought it was very helpful- and I'm not trying to raise a family!

    This recipe sounds delicious and easy... I'll have to try it out! =) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that sounds delicious! Definitely going to have to treat myself to oreo fluff soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I'm gaining weight just reading the recipe!!! :):)
    Would love to try, but can't.. Just can't.. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Gonna have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were right: my kids will love this one. And I love how easy it is!! Will def. try this one for a summer treat!

    ReplyDelete