Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Foodie-Coffee Cake

With Hubman gone, Princess Persistent has wanted to bake a bunch. We made this and it was fabulous, and my co-workers loved it. I mean it was gone in an hour and I do not work in a big office. I made some adjustments (in parentheses) when I made it to make it a little "healthier" and added the crumbs to the center strusel.

Make Swedish Sour Cream Cake:

2-3/4 cups flour (Whole Wheat Flour)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 pound unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream (Non-Fat Greek Yogurt)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 heaping tbsp instant cocoa
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients. Take off and reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for top of cake. Add eggs, sour cream, baking soda, and vanilla and mix well. Pour half of the batter into a well-greased tube (Bundt) pan. Sprinkle instant cocoa on top of batter. Mix chocolate chips in rest of batter, and pour that over the bottom half. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top of cake. Bake at 350° 1 hour or until the tester comes out dry.

I will be traveling to meet up with Hubman today. Check my twitter feed to see where I am.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The cake sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make this cake!

    It sounds completely delish!

    ReplyDelete