Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

In honor of Halloween, this week's Wednesday Wickedness is quotes from Stephen King.  Please click below to play.




1. “I tend to scare myself…”
When was the last time you scared yourself?
I can't remember when I scared myself.   I do remember being in a zone doing some tidying and when Hubman came to talk to me, it scared the crap out of me.

2. “Time heals all wounds…”
What was the longest it took you to recover from an illness, injury or surgery?
I still have some discoloration from the poison sumac I got this past summer.

3. “Your first impulse is to share good news. Your second is to club someone over the head with it…”
What was the last good news you had to share?
That my blood pressure and blood sugar were good from my Dr's visit today.

4. “When it comes to the past, we all stack the deck…”
Is there something in your past you speak highly of that was not so great while you were going through it?
My theatre training in college.  My acting teacher was a horribly abusive man.  However I try to remember the lesson and not the delivery.

5. “Do you drink? Of course! I just said I was a writer!..”
What do you need to drink to do?
Not be thirsty.  Honeslty, when Hubman and I 1st started going to strip clubs and swinger parties I would need a drink or two to relax amongst all the nekkid, but now there is nothing I need a drink for.
6. “If you liked being a teenager, then there’s something really wrong with you…”
What did you like about being a teenager?
Being able to sleep in on weekends, and that I could read the Sweet Valley Books with impunity.

7. “Nobody likes a clown at midnight…”
What do you like at midnight?
Being asleep.

8. “It is the tale, not he who told it…”
Who is your favorite teller of tales or jokes?
My step father in law tells horrible puns, but great stories.

9. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool…”
Were you ever conned or fooled into a scam?
No, I can't think of anything, although I did consider wiring some money to the daughter of the Prime Minister of Nigeria in exchange for a big gratuity.

10. “If fear cannot be articulated, then it can’t be conquered…”
What do you fear?
Anything in the rodent family.  IF we had a critter in the house, I would seriously stay in a hotel until I got the all clear from the exterminator.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes- poison sumac?

    Have a great Wednesday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/what-do-you-like-at-midnight/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch horror movies and won't listen to/read scary stories because I am 'of a nervous disposition'. This means that my imagination can take anything I hear or see and weave it into a fantasy that will frighten the crap out of me for the next few weeks.

    My kids won't even watch Dr Who with me because I jump at the slightest music change and give them the eeby jeebies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only person who's asleep at midnight!

    ReplyDelete