Every year I try to make a new recipe, but Hubman would be very, very disappointed if a batch of these were not lying around. You do need to chill the dough for at least three hours, so this is a plan ahead cookie, but that is not too hard. What is hard is keeping errant spoons out of the chilling batter.
I also recommend keeping a damp paper towel to clean your hands a little so you can rinse them off periodically without totally wrecking your sink.
Chocolate Puffs (Makes 4doz)
1/4 lb softened butter
1 1/2C Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
6oz semisweet chocolate, melted (chips are fine)
2 C Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of Salt
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add vanilla and melted chocolate, mix well
3. Add eggs, mix well
4. Add all dry ingredients except powdered sugar and mix well.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2-3 hours or over night- Dough is ready when you can roll into balls
6. Heat oven to 350, prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls.
8. Roll balls in powdered sugar, put on prepared pans, 2" apart. do not try to squeeze extra on pans as they spread
9. Bake 10-12 min.
10. Remove cookies while on parchment and allow to cool completely.
11. Carefully loosen edges with metal spatula and remove cookies from parchment (I find many of them fall off)
12. Store in airtight container so they stay chewy.
For other delicious treats, please visit these other wonderful people.