Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cookie Exchange

As many of my long time readers know, I am a big fan of baking and cooking.  I especially love to bake during the holidays and I was thrilled when JZ of A Reluctant Bitch invited me to join this year's exchange.

Every year I try to make a new recipe, but Hubman would be very, very disappointed if a batch of these were not lying around.  You do need to chill the dough for at least three hours, so this is a plan ahead cookie, but that is not too hard.  What is hard is keeping errant spoons out of the chilling batter.
 
I also recommend keeping a damp paper towel to clean your hands a little so you can rinse them off periodically without totally wrecking your sink.


Chocolate Puffs (Makes 4doz)

1/4 lb softened butter
1 1/2C Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
6oz semisweet chocolate, melted (chips are fine)
4 eggs
2 C Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of Salt
Powdered Sugar
Parchment paper

1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add vanilla and melted chocolate, mix well
3. Add eggs, mix well
4. Add all dry ingredients except powdered sugar and mix well.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2-3 hours or over night- Dough is ready when you can roll into balls
6. Heat oven to 350, prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls.
8. Roll balls in powdered sugar, put on prepared pans, 2" apart.  do not try to squeeze extra on pans as they spread
9. Bake 10-12 min.
10. Remove cookies while on parchment and allow to cool completely.  
11. Carefully loosen edges with metal spatula and remove cookies from parchment (I find many of them fall off)
12. Store in airtight container so they stay chewy.


For other delicious treats, please visit these other wonderful people.

Advizor54

7 comments:

  1. Good lord those look tempting. That seems like a chocolaty sugar sauna to your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies sound wonderful, but I would feel guilty for eating them after watching the video you posted. That's terrible! And whats even more terrible is that it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure heaven. Thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, and YUM!
    These sound super!
    And I laughed at your "keep a damp paper towel handy" suggestion. I have a chocolate biscotti recipe that always makes it look like I dumped half my garden into the sink after cleanup! So I know EXACTLY the kind of dough you're talking about!

    Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these look fabulous!!

    But.

    Omg, the cookie video was kind of terrifying. It was bad enough that the cookies had teeth, but watching sexy Santa bite into them while they screamed and moaned - o, my...

    lol.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another really different recipe! I read recipes all of the time and I'm completely unfamiliar with these. They sound yummy!
    My youngest must have watched the annoying orange videos a million times. And now they do cookies? too much!
    I'm so glad he's over it! lol
    Happy Holidaze! :-) E

    ReplyDelete